Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Prayer.

A friend of mine who has beaten cancer now faces another life-threatening illness.  Her blogs continue to amaze me.  In her I see the spiritual and physical frailty of human life made glorious in Christ Jesus.  Her ability to share her hurts, her pain and struggle is a wonderful portrait of how the Lord blesses us and carries us through.  My heart hurts for her and I wish more than anything I could be there to comfort and assure her, but as distance separates us, I will pray...

Now isn't that just like us?  We don't want to let God do the healing, we want to be an active participant in God's work.  Me just praying isn't the last thing I could do...it is the best thing anyone can do, even if you live with the person you are praying for!  That is one theme of my life I pray the Lord will help me to overcome someday.  I do not do things better on my own...I've had many experiences where if I wanted something to happen, it was up to me to make it happen...but that isn't how it should be with God.  He is the only one who can do this perfectly in the best way -not only for the person who needs prayer, but for everyone touched by their life.

No comments:

Post a Comment