Monday, May 7, 2018

Waiting with God

We've been busy as expected.  We signed a contract with a realtor for both selling and buying because she gave us a good discount for combining services.  We haven't heard back from the lender yet about pre-approval for a new home loan, so we're waiting for God's timing on that one and whatever results it may bring.

After signing the contract with the realtor, I felt very overwhelmed.  It took me a while, but after spending some time talking to God about it and hashing out all the feelings, facts, and happenings going on, I think we figured out why. 

I was feeling a bit rushed to get the house ready to sell and a bit overwhelmed with how daunting a task it seems when I think of my busy days at home with three children living regular life, trying to finish our final weeks of school, and also trying to prepare the house for moving/selling/and somehow living 'normally' in the transition of the two. 

God reminded me that I'm not required to meet any other person's deadlines.  Just signing the contract doesn't require us to sell, it doesn't require us to list by a particular date either.  It was just one more step forward.  We have some minor work to do around our home for maintenance and fix-ups.  I also have decluttering and cleaning left to do.  One step at a time...a reminder for myself, too...one step with our hearts and minds geared towards God's will and not letting things rush us into stepping out on our own without Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment