Sunday, May 20, 2018

House Hunting

We went on a full day trip to look at the new construction homes this weekend.  It was a long day, but I did enjoy seeing the homes we had perused online in person.  Surprisingly, one of the builders we had liked online looked awful in person.  Compared to other builders, these homes were not built with the same quality at all, but their prices were just as high as the other higher quality homes.

Some homes were beautifully built, but crammed into tiny lots with itty bitty backyards.  Most had small bedrooms with the majority of the square footage in the living areas.  We learned a lot about what we really want and need in a home and which features in a home really were important to us.  As usual, most of the ones we loved were a little out of our comfort zone financially so we aren't putting our hopes in getting a new build home.  We haven't scheduled a next time for househunting, but we will go see existing homes next time.

At home, we've finished up our enrichment program for homeschool and just have two weeks left of curriculum to finish at home.  I've put it all in the hands of our girls.  I explained how many days of school we have left and what they need to accomplish in that time.  It's been refreshing to see them take that information and become motivated to push for finishing early rather than procrastinating.  Next year they will be 5th and 7th graders.  Old enough to be more independent with their workload and old enough to make me feel like my time with them is fleeting.

I'm hoping that we can be moved and settled into our new home before school starts next year.  Everything for starting the home search has fallen into place in better ways than we had hoped for.  Now we are praying for God's timing and guidance for buying and selling.  God has been generous and gracious to us and I am continually motivated to remind myself to keep close to Him.  I know my own tendency to start out with God and get comfortable or excited and move out on my own power without Him.  So my prayer and goal is to keep my heart willing and seeking His will for our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment