Thursday, April 7, 2011

Home At Last

We were finally able to come home from the hospital 10 days after surgery.  It was relaxing and such a relief to finally be home.  Everyone was thankful the stressful hospital stay was finally over.  Ironically the first day home as a family was the worst day we'd had during the whole experience.  The children were extra whiny and demanding.  Our youngest had four potty accidents in one afternoon.  I didn't react well either...I had wrongly assumed they would be just as relieved and relaxed to be home as I was.  That night I talked it through with my hubby.  They had spent over a week adjusting to their daddy living in a hospital and taking daily trips to visit him.  Now they had to adjust again to having daddy back at home, but not as he was the last time he was home.  We decided to take the next few days easy and it went much smoother.  For me it was another lightbulb too.  When I think I know it all is when I neglect to give it to God and I try doing it all on my own...FAIL.  This is a lesson I repeatedly don't recognize until after the fact...one day I have faith it will be engraved on my heart and a no-brainer to rely on Him all the time.  Perhaps one day I will know in my heart that I will never reach a place where I don't need Him.

The bright part of the first few days at home, was that I got to visit with my brother.  He'd never been to my house since I'd been married so long ago.  It was so much fun to talk with him and see how well he interacts with my children.  They love their Uncle!  They keep asking me to go and pick him up again so they can play. :)  Another thing that I loved, and this is probably silly, but I truly appreciated the fact that my brother was comfortable in my home.  My messy, cluttered home.  It didn't seem to phase him and I didn't feel embarrassed for the mess that I hadn't had a chance to work on in the past few days.  Thanks, bud!  and thank you, Lord!

1 comment:

  1. It wasn't silly at all! Perfectly normal!

    Did you know that most women clean their homes to please their mothers? Go figure...

    ReplyDelete