Tuesday, April 26, 2011

From the Mouths of Babes

Getting into the "Easter" frame of mind was difficult this year.  Life has been so busy and overwhelming that I wanted to recognize and celebrate the glory of our Lord, but I wasn't feeling it.

Easter Sunday was the most difficult day.  My hubby had tried a new medication suggested by the doctor and it completely knocked him out.  He wasn't able to participate in the morning activities.  I was determined to get the children to church at least for Easter (we hadn't been since before the surgery).  I was short with the children and raised my voice trying to get out the door on time.

On the way there, my preschooler asked, "Why do we go to church?"
"To learn about God."
"How do you know so much about God?"
"I went to church when I was little just like you."
"Why do you still go to church?"
"I still have more to learn."  I thought the conversation was over at this point, but no, she had the last word.

"Yeah, mom.  You need to learn to be nice and kind." 

Ouch!  I admitted my mistake and apologized for my behavior telling her that she was right, I did need to work on being nice and kind with my words.  What a lesson.  Children teach us so much if we only pay attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment