Thursday, April 7, 2011

Fighting the Battle

This first week home has been another struggle.  I am fortunate to be able to work at home.  My boss is so compassionate and understanding.  Figuring out how to work at home and still chauffuer my children to and from school, care for my hubby and the house, and myself has not been so easy.  I feel pressured (probably my own assumptions) from all sides of my life.  At home, the piles of laundry and dirty dishes call my name...I also feel compelled to spend quality time with my husband and children...but somehow work at the same time.  At work, I am pretty efficient working at home...but when I do go in to work, I feel like my staff doesn't understand what is happening.  I don't want them to feel neglected too.  I wouldn't doubt if they did because my boss has also been away from work all week sick.  I feel pressured to do better and be better.  I don't believe I need to be this super-woman I feel pressured to be.

Perhaps this is a spiritual attack that Satan is trying to guilt me and depress me when I am doing a decent job.  I am praying for wisdom and discernment to make the right choices on how to spend my time in the best way.  I have been called to this place in my life.  My ministry is my family first and foremost.  Then my home, then my job...Lord help me to know how to do what needs to be done; when it needs to be done, and how best to do it.  In Jesus Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment