Sunday, April 10, 2011

Starting to Live Again

Cancer is becoming more of a background topic of life instead of the world itself.  My husband is healing little by little, and our family is starting to feel whole again.  We've started planning our youngest's birthday and sent out invitations.  I spent the weekend replacing the weed cover under our playset in the backyard.  It was a big task with moving around all the wood chips and then spreading them back out again, but I accomplished it!

Family and friends are still offering their help, but I don't know what to ask for.  I'm keeping up fairly well with the housework and caring for my family.  I have times where I am weary and feel the weight of the burden I carry, but most of the time I just do what needs to be done.  The help I need is more emotional support.  To be recognized and acknowlegded for this new identity of caregiver.  How do you ask for that?  My husband knows.  He sees my weak points.  I am so thankful for him.  He sacrificed his physical comfort to sit beside me on the couch as we watched a movie together.  It's amazing how much physical closeness is missed when you can't have it from those you love.  Just sitting beside him on the couch instead of across from him in another chair was so comforting to me.

It amazes me sometimes to look back over our marraige and where God has taken us from the young couple we once were.  We have both grown so much.  We have sacrificed ourselves for the other's good and are such a compliment to each other.  God really looked out for us and I am thankful we have Him.  Without lessons learned spiritually, I don't know how we'd be where we are today.  What a blessed family we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment