Thursday, March 31, 2011

Growing Weary

I am now seeing the truth behind the advice of "remember to take time for yourself".  As this hospital stay continues on, I grow weary.  I literally spend every waking moment serving others.  Here is a generalization of a typical day as of late:

* Get myself and the children ready for the day.
* Drop the children off at school (occasionally with a hospital visit first).
* Spend the day at the hospital caring for my husband, sleeping when he sleeps.
* Pick up the children from school and return to the hospital so they can visit their daddy.
* Work in supper somewhere between school and the hospital.
* Take the children home and prepare for bed.
* Put the children to bed, do minor necessary housework.
* Spend a few moments with God and it's off to bed for another day.

We are developing a routine, the children and I.  My husband's health is slowly improving.  It may still be a couple days before he can come home.  It has already been several days longer than I first expected it to be.  I feel the weariness in my physical body.  Spiritually, I have ups and downs depending on the time I spend in tune to the Lord.  I am reminded of Isaiah 40.  As I read through, these are the verses that touch my heart.  They encourage my soul and they comfort me.  I need only to rest in His loving arms.

11 He tends his flock like a shepherd:
   He gathers the lambs in his arms
and carries them close to his heart;
   he gently leads those that have young.

28 Do you not know?
   Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
   the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
   and his understanding no one can fathom.
29 He gives strength to the weary
   and increases the power of the weak.
30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
   and young men stumble and fall;
31 but those who hope in the LORD
   will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
   they will run and not grow weary,
   they will walk and not be faint.

No comments:

Post a Comment