Saturday, August 20, 2011

The WAR is WON!

2 Timothy 3:12 "Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution."
Ephesians 6:12 "For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against the spriritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

I am acutely aware of Ephesians 6:12.  I don't always recognize it in the midst of the chaos of life situations, but when I take a moment to step back (sometimes with the help of others), it is so obvious.  For the past several months, I have been cautious about praying outloud.  A bit fearful to speak out loud my hopes, my fears, etc.  I did not want to give ammunition to Satan and his mercinaries.  They are not God and cannot read my thoughts...but any demonic presence near me could know what I write and say. 

In my lack of speaking out loud, I realized I was losing the closeness with my Holy Father.  Thoughts can get distracted and be irradic.  Praying out loud or even in writing helps me to organize my thoughts and focus them.  The newest lesson I am learning is a repeat.  It is one Satan likes to push out of the way and ignore.  THE WAR IS ALREADY WON!  When Jesus died on the cross and rose again, he defeated Satan once and for all.  Satan's fate is sealed.  He will never overpower God.  So he is left to deceiving human beings to prevent them from knowing the Joy of the Lord.  Dragging whoever he can get to believe him to the same judgement he will receive.

I will not be afraid of Satan or his demons.  My Saviour, JESUS CHRIST, is more powerful and able to save me from anything Satan or his demons tries to bring me down with.  Admittedly, being strong is not easy and I have ups and downs all the time.  No matter what battles I may lose, through Christ, I have won the war.

No comments:

Post a Comment