Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Kindergarten! Ahhh!

My baby goes to kindergarten tomorrow.  I'm thrilled and anxious at the same time.  She's been looking forward to this day for a long time now.  I know she is apprehensive, but very optimistic.  I know her teacher is a wonderful teacher.  She has a few friends already that she knows...

But my baby isn't my baby any more.  That is why Kindergarten is so sad.  She's entering into a new maturity, a new chapter of life and taking me along with her.  Even looking at our family picture from last Christmas, she has changed so much.  No longer the little girl with the chubby cheeks and dimpled elbows.  She has taken the look of a small girl...taller, wiser, more understanding of her world and others.

I'm thankful to her preschool teachers who have added so much to her life.  I'm thankful for the moments we've shared as a mom and daughter...those moments will not end, but they'll never be the same.  I know I have made many mistakes as a parent...what parent doesn't?  I thank God for filling in for my inadequacies and drawing my little girl close to Him.  She loves the Lord so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment