Thursday, August 30, 2012

Life and Love with Loss

This is a good place to come to grieve.  My cousin's baby girl passed away this week after a long 4-month battle to try and save her life.  She never got to go home.  Her parents never got to dress her in all the cute little girly outfits.  There is an empty nursery that never got to meet her.  I mourn for their pain as a parent.  I hurt for all the things they don't get to do that every parent dreams of doing with their baby girl.

The part that brings me peace is that they are strong in the Lord and their little baby is now healthy and strong with Jesus.  Knowing that someday they will see her again and that she is no longer struggling is a big comfort.

I read a valuable piece of information this week.  Jesus is our Daily Bread, praying and reading the Word.  He is manna to our souls.  And just like the manna God sent the Israelites, we must gather our Daily Bread each day...one day's Daily Bread is only enough to sustain us for that day.  Each day we need a new helping of Daily Bread.  I learned that from David Wilkerson's Hungry For More of Jesus book.  It was a lightbulb moment for me because I have lived that lesson and never really fully understood it like this before.  God is so good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment