Saturday, April 11, 2015

Rough Patch

Been learning things along the way these past several weeks. 

I made a commitment to God and I broke it.
I felt separated from Him.
I disappointed myself.  I got discouraged.
Then I got mad and stubborn...like a stiff-necked Israelite.

I am strong.
I am determined.
I am a survivor.
I am an overcomer.

Being strong and overcoming obstacles means that you don't give up.  You don't run away.  You live through the struggle and continue to be the best you can be despite the odds.

However, the best I can be on my own is never enough.
I can't do it alone.
I can't do it in my own power.
I need my Lord and Savior.
I need His guidance and His hope.

That's one of the lessons I have been re-learning.
Another lesson is that no matter how many times we fail God, He remains faithful.  He remains steady.  And.  I need Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment