Thursday, June 2, 2016

Pain of the Past - God's Amazing Work

Dealing with painful memories isn't any fun.  Thirteen years with a previous employer, there are so many people I love and I don't want to fully leave them behind me.  At the same time, it is hard to walk into that building again (had to be there to pick up some important paperwork).  Most are pleased to see me and I am just as thrilled to see them.  A few avoid me like the plague and remind me of the pain and also how much my life has changed in just a year.

A year ago, I was in a job that was outside of my God-given gifting, and terrified of the prospect of leaving even though I knew things were not working.  I didn't realize it at the time, but the words of prophesy that my charismatic friend had spoken into my life two years prior were coming true.  He had told me God would move me out of my job into a position that brought more joy.  He had told me I would have a son.  He told me that somehow I would care for babies, but he didn't know where. 

The process has been incredibly painful, and God did exactly what He said He would and moved me from that job and brought me to a job where I had more joy and I was caring for infants.  It wasn't until I became pregnant with this third little one that I remembered those words of prophesy...I have a son, coming soon!

It is amazing to know just how much God has changed my life, and in ways I never would have imagined.  The painful memories hurt when they are brought back up.  They bring a little less of a sting each time, but they aren't fun all the same.  I wish I could share all that God has done with them, and learn what God has done in their lives too.  However, I will try to simply be thankful for what I have and let God handle the things out of my control.  He always knows best.

No comments:

Post a Comment