Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Free Time? What's That?

The baby is actually asleep before my bedtime for a change!  We just started working on teaching him to self-sooth in order to go to sleep on his own.  He's too young for the "cry it out" method, but has already learned to love being held and rocked to sleep...if he can nurse to sleep he's even happier...but all that is bad news for mommy!

He already sucks his hands which was one suggestion for self-soothing techniques, so now instead of swaddling him tight for naps, we leave his arms free so he can use his skills to sooth himself.  He doesn't sooth to sleep yet, but he will when getting hungry or upon waking rather than going immediately to a scream. 

At bedtime he sleeps in a sleep-sack because it isn't safe to swaddle babies and leave them alone.  A baby of any age can inadvertently flip over while swaddled and suffocate to death...a huge risk for SIDS too.  He only gets swaddled when napping in the same room I'm working in so I can keep an eye on him.

I was wanting to do an Advent type of lesson for Homeschooling on prayer and I found a devotion of 25 days of Advent Prayer.  I'm excited to go through it with my girls and learn more with them about prayer and the power they have in the blessing of being able to pray directly to God!

In other news, I continue to pray for my hubby's arthritis.  It causes chronic pain and this fall it just seems to be constant struggle for him.  Love you all, have a wonderful night!

No comments:

Post a Comment