Monday, January 16, 2017

Baby Update

Wow, two posts in the same month!  I must be on a roll!  Hahaha.

Tonight I have the privilege of blogging because we actually got all three kiddos to bed at a decent time and my hubby's arthritis is flaring so we're hanging out on the computers so he can heat his shoulders in his ergonomic chair.

Our little guy is growing in leaps and bounds!  He successfully started solid foods this month with homemade oatmeal baby cereal (we put the old-fashioned oats in the blender to make oat powder and then add water).  He absolutely loves eating real food!  If we feed him too slowly, he starts grunting at us in anticipation of his next bite.  If we are at the table eating, he wants to be with us eating too.  I often eat with him on my lap and he watches every move I make.  Sometimes I will sneak him tastes of my applesauce...he loves applesauce! 

We've started letting him cry-it-out in his crib now that he is a little bigger and a bit more mature.  When he gets to the point where he is crying in his crib, but instantly snuggles into your arm and falls asleep when picked up...that's a big clue he is ready to learn to deal with being in his crib on his own.  He doesn't like going to sleep in his crib, but is learning.  He's gotten really good at napping in his chair or swing.  We got him a super soft blanket at Christmas and he loves to snuggle in it to nap with.  Too bad we can't let him snuggle with it in his crib...and he's awake again!  See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment