Sunday, January 28, 2018

More on Applying God's Will

I'm finding that applying God's will to my life easily fits the current trending word of "adulting".  It involves a maturity and a spiritual development level to know God's word and obey it, even when you don't feel like it, or find it uncomfortable.

For me, I realized this in my church attendance.  With my son, it was hard to attend because he was so young, so attached, and too loud to allow me to attend service in the sanctuary.  Recently on Wednesday nights, my hubby has been able to take care of our son at home while I take our older children to service and attend myself.

I found myself not wanting to go.  I wanted to hide in the back row, keep my secluded introverted ways...but our church has a 10-minute period of prayer each Wednesday night service and openly encourages all to pray together in small groups during that time.  They also have an open communion at the front of the sanctuary.

But, I know that God wanted me to attend.  He wanted me to participate, so even though it was uncomfortable and strange...I went.  I pushed aside that fear and trepidation to do what God asked me to do.  I still can't say I'm happy to go and interact with people I don't know.  Maybe someday they won't be such strangers to me.  In any case, I am learning.  I am growing in my faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment