Monday, February 4, 2019

Finding a new church home.

I see a lot of people asking how to do this.  For me it starts with praying for God to lead us to the right one, and then researching the church's statement of faith, how their services work, what opportunities they offer for families and kids since we that is a big part of who we are.  Then I look into times of services and locations for what might work best.

We visited a local church.  My youngest daughter enjoyed it, I enjoyed it, but my oldest hated it.  We were going to visit another local church, but her attitude was so bad about it that I decided to try a church more similar to the church we used to attend.  It's located in another town, but still just a 15 minute drive away.

She loved it, both of them loved it in fact!  It also broadcasts the sermon live online so my hubby can receive the same message I do in church.  I think we found our new church home.  It is much smaller than our last church, but the way things are set up is very similar.  They also have a homeschool mom's night out which is exciting!

I'll have many of the same challenges with my toddler and soon-to-be newborn, but this season of life is simply that, a season of life.  We'll manage somehow.  With my toddler, it's going to be all about the teachers in his class.  If he can learn to feel safe with someone other than me, he'll be just fine.  With the newborn, I'm expecting to spend more time out in the café area watching the tv screens, or leaving the baby home with my hubby.  We shall see how it works out!

No comments:

Post a Comment