Saturday, June 22, 2019

Due Date and One Week Old!

Today was our due date, and our little guy is a full week old.  He's quickly become an irreplaceable part of our family.  There is never a shortage of someone who wants to hold him and snuggle with his little sleepy baby warmth.

We had several family members take the trip out to visit him today.  It was nice to see everyone and I was ready for a nap once they all left. :0)

I've been doing well considering I'm still recovering from surgery.  As long as I keep up on my medications, I have been able to be fairly active.  I don't cook a whole meal, but I can be up and about doing things around the house for short periods of time.  Last night was our best so far.  I got about 3 hours of sleep in my own bed and another three on the couch.

Our weather has been cool for this time of year and our little guy is getting cold easily.  He sleeps best in my arms on the couch when I am reclined, so I've been splitting my time between my own bed and the couch because he doesn't sleep as well on his own.  I think I need to get him some warmer sleepers and sleep sacks.  His hat helps at least, and the weather should be warming up soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment