Friday, February 7, 2020

Seeking


In a recent sermon, our Pastor talked of seeking the Lord actively.  It's nothing new to me, I've heard it all before, but I heard God's voice emphasizing Pastor's words in me.  I want to seek the Lord.  I want the passion that I've seen in others where they just can't get enough of Jesus.

I have never been that way.  I want to know Him better, have that deeper relationship, and find that confidence in faith that others seem to have so easily.  My faith ebbs and flows.  It is a firm faith, a steady faith, but not that passionate faith others often speak of.

So if you think of me, you can pray for me, that I will put seeking God first and make those better choices.  I don't think having that passionate fervor for the Lord is what I necessarily need; I just want to value Him more than the little things that I allow to take away His time with me.  And I will pray the same for you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment