Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Finding our Rhythm

 We had a relaxing Thanksgiving break and took a full two weeks off from school, one for the holiday and one for a birthday.  Amazingly our jump back into a full school schedule has been really smooth this week.

We are learning to adjust to the chaos of living through a remodel.  We were able to refinance our home with the lower interest rates available and use some of our home equity to finish our basement too.  It is coming along nicely and I'm looking forward to finally having our home complete and able to organize and fully unpack our things.  I haven't had a true office space for my school things for two years now!

Christmas preparations are also underway.  The kids took over the decorating and although I felt a little put out by not getting to decorate my own home, I know someday they will be grown and I will have all the decorating to do myself and then I will miss their crazy ideas and decorations.  They begged for outdoor lights this year, so I bought a strand of lights that we used to decorate our tiny front yard tree.  It compliments our other simple decorations from last year and they were quite pleased.

Our shopping is nearly complete and it feel so good to have that stress done and over with.  We've been able to relax and spend our time focusing on other more important things.  All of our normal extended family gatherings have been cancelled and I'm enjoying the peacefulness of keeping the focus here at home.

We've been reading our "Shepherd on the Search" devotional each evening and I've started teaching my littles about the nativity story of Jesus' birth.  It just feels like we're beginning to find our rhythm and how to live well together in this season of life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment