Sunday, June 1, 2014

Hope Once Again

After weeks of slowly sinking into such a broken place, I am standing upon Hope...not standing bold and tall, but standing in Hope.  Trusting in God that He will lead me through.

Fellow Christians are praying for me.  In honest prayer I question God, I search for His Truth, I beg Him for answers and rescue.  Going off our current bible study, today's sermon was about Trials in our Lives.  God uses all of these things to speak to me.  He likes to use that still, small voice to speak to me and I apparently still have more to learn about listening for that still, small voice.

The repeated message I am hearing is that I am the spiritual leader of my workplace.  Where I lead, it will go.  If I do not lead, it will fail.  Once upon a time, we had weekly prayer meetings that were mandatory for every employee.  With labor laws, that is no longer feasible.  Prayer and fellowship times must either be paid for or voluntary.  For the past three years or so they have been voluntary and attendance has slipped into the void of neglect and empty chairs.

Today as I listened to the sermon and reflected on things in my life and the people I am responsible for, I felt like God was telling me that I was not doing what needs to be done.  I was not bringing Him glory because I was not making the effort to fill my workplace with Worship.

I don't just mean songs of Worship, but Worship by way of honoring God with the choices, actions, thoughts, and words used throughout the day.

It was like a spiritual brainstorm session and I am excited to begin fresh on Monday...even though I still don't know what trials I will face due to a lack of employees to cover all the shifts we have.  Somehow that concern is much smaller.

I can't make sense of this call from God as in it relating to more teachers joining our program, but it is what I think God is calling me to do.  So I will obey.

No comments:

Post a Comment