Saturday, May 31, 2014

Broken

Broken and spilled out.  I am quickly reaching that point.  I don't even have words to pray.  I know my God is there.  I know He hears my silent cries.  I am powerless to impact change on my situation.  Every day I show up.  I do what needs to be done.  I put on a positive front.  And on the inside I crumble just a little bit more.  I watch my professional life falling to pieces around me.

And yet, despite the stress and the incredible brain power it takes to manipulate the day's struggles, He has always provided just enough.  I wonder if I am going to suffer the pitiful decline of a light in our city. 

We are one of the few Christian programs that truly has the freedom and desire to reach our community in the way we care for its children and their families.  It's becoming harder and harder to find teachers who share that true desire to serve the Lord and share their faith.  Interview after interview, I find those who call themselves "Christian" and yet they have no clue of the true essence of that name.  Many claim that name and don't know the freedom of salvation through faith in Jesus Christ.  Others have no interest in the Christian faith, but are willing to "support" it.  Without people to serve the Lord, this ministry will fail.

Praying for God to do what needs to be done, wherever change needs to happen.  I am willing.

No comments:

Post a Comment