Friday, May 1, 2015

Accident Update

My car is officially a "Total Loss"...I guess between all the birthdays in our family this month we get to shop for a car!  I've been wanting a new car, but never imagined this would be the event to trigger accomplishing it!

Medically, the side effects of the pain reliever was worse than the pain relief so I'm restricted to Tylenol for now.  It temporarily takes the edge off the pain, but doesn't do what the other meds did.  It hurt simply to hold a 5-month old infant in my arms today at work.  Thankfully, much of my job is office work and doesn't require too much lifting.  I can't tell you how frustrating it is not to be able to do the things I used to do so easily.  Instead of clearing out a closet full of bins, I had to wait for the assistance of others.  It isn't what I'm used to and is a real adjustment to realize what I can and can't do right now.

We're still waiting for the insurance companies to work out the liabilities and medical claim portions.  It will probably be another week or so before we hear for sure what the end result will be.  Insurance is nice, but never simple.  Always complicated!

No comments:

Post a Comment