Sunday, August 19, 2018

Frazzle Day!

Pete's Dragon song that Nora sings with Pete is in my head, except I didn't have a 'razzle dazzle day'.  Mine was frazzled.

After today, we have two weeks left to finish getting the house ready to show.  I feel so far behind and overwhelmed!  When I look at my list, I see that we're doing okay...it just feels like so much when I see the unwritten tasks that I handle in addition to working on the house.

We woke up to our doggie covered in poo and a mess in her kennel.  She's gotten into something that has made her sick.  We got her cleaned up, threw out the rug and her bed...it was dried and ruined.  Eewy!!!  I cleaned her kennel and the kids cleaned her.  We tried to make it to church, but just didn't have the time after all of that.  So we all listened online with my laptop hooked up to the TV so everyone could see and hear service.

We painted our stairway railing, around the new kitchen window, our window seat, and our fireplace mantel (which is enormous).  I also spent way too long wandering around Lowe's trying to find a drain grate cover for our basement and a ceiling cover plate for an old light we removed.  They had the painter tape I needed, but no luck on the others.  I ended up ordering them on Amazon.com.

Next weekend we'll be shampooing our carpets and hopefully finish all the major painting that needs to be done.  Painting has become a bigger task than we had originally planned.  The white primer paint we are using on all the trim inside the house is much brighter than the old color the previous owner painted, so when we painted the railings, we also had to paint the baseboards all the way up the stairs and into the hallway.  It looks great!  It's just a lot more work than anticipated.  Fortunately, we were able to match the wall colors since we had repainted the whole house when we first moved in, so we won't have to do too much of the big walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment