Saturday, September 14, 2019

Finding God in the Busyness

Some seasons of life are just crazy busy.  So many demands on how you spend what time you have.  I'm in one of those seasons right now.

My every waking hour, and even those I spend sleeping are dictated by the needs of my children or husband.

The pressure was mounting and my sanity was faltering.  I found myself overwhelmed, self-doubting, self-condemning, angry and frustrated.  Those are times I need God most.  He is my rock.  My stability and my sanity.  But how do I find time...how do I make time when so many responsibilities are pressing in on me?

Priorities.  As simple as adjusting my priorities and as complicated as keeping them in check.

For me, this is how I am trying to put God first and actually spend time with Him:

At our 4:00-ish AM feeding, I read a devotion on an app I found called Sprinkle Jesus.  It is usually pretty good.  A quick verse each day with a short devotion. My baby gets fed nutrition and I get fed the Word and some good application.  I pray during feedings to as often as my mind remembers.  Sometimes, I have to admit, I forget...work in progress!

Getting ready in the morning (when I have the opportunity to get ready all at one time), I play worship songs to remind me of where my focus needs to be.

Our first school subject of the day is Faith & Character.  We talked about priorities as a lesson and hopefully my children and I will help each other stay accountable.

I bought a clip-on book reading light so I can read my bible and not wake up the baby when he is sleeping.

These are the little things I am working to fit into my day and use the time I have and the opportunities I have as wisely as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment