Saturday, June 20, 2020

Time to Reflect

Now that our baby is a year old, we've gotten him and his brother into a bedtime routine and I actually have my "work" nights to myself instead of sharing my time with my baby.  It gives me more time to think.  Life with an infant is so demanding, I'd forgotten what it was like to be able to let my mind just wander and follow the rabbit trails it finds.

Tonight I organized two boxes of school work (from the year we moved) into permanent portfolios for the kids.  It was neat to see all the activities and topics we covered that year before our fourth child was born.  I was a little amazed at all we accomplished.  Hopefully I feel the same way after filing away this past school year's work.

I've also had the time to ponder more on the cancer updates from my sister about my dad's health.  He is still going through the "what ifs" of possibilities until all the tests are complete and true answers are revealed.  What we know is that the cancer is there and when we find out all the details, then decisions will be made for moving forward.  Options have been discussed, and boy, do I remember the agony of the wait.

Discussing options, feelings, desires, and fears.  Not knowing for sure, hoping for the best and fearing my hopes will not be met.  I wish I lived closer to my family.  I want to go see them.  I'd love to bring all of my own "little" family.  But timing, COVID, and uncertainty about what my dad will be up for makes it hard to figure out.  So, as with so many things, we wait for answers so decisions can be discussed and made at that time.

Our world is also in utter chaos.  It seems so apparent that Christ's return is soon coming.  Cities are actually defunding their police departments.  My own state just passed a law with new rules and regulations...I'm not sure how good or bad the law is.  The devil is preying on our fears and our differing opinions and having a grand old time exploiting them.  I don't watch much news, but the news I do see is simply unbelievable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment