Sunday, January 17, 2021

He makes me new, He is making me new.

 Lyrics from a song.  My New Year's post a little late, I suppose.  Happiest of New Year's to you!

The thrill of new beginnings and letting go of the past is something New Year always brings for me.  As much as I love getting out the decorations for the Christmas season, I also love packing it all up and clearing the clutter when it is over.  It's like a fresh start each year.

When baby Jesus came into the world, He brought with Him a fresh start for all those who believed in Him.  I typically try to rededicate myself to prioritizing my relationship with Him each year, since the chaos of the season can easily throw me off my game.

My current projects are simply cumulative from last year's chaos.  I can't say it is a "resolution" because I have been working towards this goal for a while now.  I just had to wait for Christmas for some of the tools I needed to help me get more organized.  

I've prayed a lot about how best to organize my life.  My prayer life is in the midst of learning what it means to "pray without ceasing."  There are things I feel that God wants me to pay better attention to, and I have struggled because of the constant distractions in our crazy lives.  

I don't have a special place to pray.  I don't have a dedicated time set aside for prayer each day either.  Depending on the day, I often pray on the fly and try to fit in a short bible reading in between responsibilities.  So, I am learning the art of 'praying without ceasing' by keeping my mind on the Lord.  Even when I miss my morning devotions, I remain conscious of my need for time with my Lord.  I talk to him, sometimes out loud, sometimes in my head.  It's a mental humility, recognizing my need for Him, and keeping that in mind even as life requires my attention on other things too.

I am beginning to implement small changes for a hopeful big impact on my daily chaos.

One change is a morning routine.  I set my alarm early to get up before the kids, so I can get dressed, read my bible, and get ready for the day mentally.  When I keep my routine, the stress and mental focus I have is so much better.  On days when I don't make it, the day feels like a mess, and I start it stressed.  

Another change is buying myself a planner.  I have one already that I use specifically to track our homeschool activities, but I realized I needed a separate one to help me in organizing my days better.  I found one for a great price on amazon, and am excitedly waiting for it to arrive!

Small changes and, God willing, a big impact! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment