Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Eternal Perspective

 Eternal Perspective.  

This phrase is the best definition of my point of view in most of my conversations. And often, my opinions and views differ from others, but it isn't ignorance or denial as many people assume.  (There are times where my point of view is fallible...I'm human.)

My opinions often differ because I tend to view arguments and situations from an eternal perspective, from the ideals and desires of God that I have learned and absorbed through my time being in the Word and studying it.

There is no issue or cause that I do not take an eternal perspective to interpret.  You've seen me do it here before.  I will learn of something new and take time to mull it over and determine what stance I will take.  I can often see both sides of the issues presented, but there are more than just the two sides.  There is a bigger picture, an eternal and spiritual influence within every issue and decision we face.

While we as Christians are to fervently love one another, Jesus loved without authorizing sinners to continue sinning and He loved in spite of sin, knowing what a sinner could not understand without first coming to Him.

Having an eternal perspective means seeing sin for what it is, loving the sinner and sharing the Lord with them.  So, when someone brings up social justice, or some other controversial issue and argues a specific point, I don't see it as black and white.  I see the spiritual warfare happening to influence both sides.  And then I bring it to the Lord in prayer.



No comments:

Post a Comment