Wednesday, February 22, 2012

They that wait...

As I have been striving to simply wait on the Lord in my life, I am beginning to realize that this is not a short-term situation.  Waiting on the Lord is a life-long place of rest, contentment, and peace.  It is where I can completely let go of all my worries and cares about what tomorrow may bring.  All I need to do is strive to be faithful in seeking the Lord and obeying him each moment of the day.

Yes, it is much easier said than done!  A year ago I would not have understood this concept.  It is difficult to describe, but I am trying my best to do so!  I used to spend my free time thinking, planning, worrying, and stressing about what choices I should or should not make to ensure the best future for my family.  Will I ever be a stay-at-home mom?  Should I go back to school?  How should my hubby and I spend our money when we get our taxes back?  Will I ever have another child or am I done?  And the list could fill another several pages of all the things I worried about on a regular basis.

Waiting on the Lord means that I believe with everything I have that He already has my best interest at heart.  He has already prepared the path set before me.  He grants me wisdom and discernment to make good choices in each day.  Sometimes I succeed and sometimes I fail miserably.  He is faithful to forgive me and teach me.  I don't have to stress about the what if's and possibilities.  All I need to pay attention to is what lies directly in front of me at each moment.  There are many choices, and it isn't easy, but letting go of the stress and learning how to avoid the habits that lead me to stressing about those things is a journey I am on.

No comments:

Post a Comment