Thursday, January 3, 2013

Faithful with little

Another month has gone by and a new year is begun.  Time slips away it seems, but not without impact.  Professionally, I continued to face challenges this past month during my interim 'interview', but by the grace of God, He has carried me through.  Almost literally.  Sometimes I feel totally disconnected from the events of daily life at work.  I am using my giftings and following His lead.  The outcome of events can only be from the Lord.  It feels nearly too good to be true, but I know that I am resting in His arms and following His will.  I only pray my human nature doesn't fail Him.

The week before Christmas I was presented with a job offer for the position I have interimed.  It  required a lot of thought and prayer.  Both my husband and I spent a lot of time discussing what was best for our family.  In the end, we came to the conclusion that I could not accept the position as offered.  I stressed over this because I have such a strong committment to my staff and our clients.  I truly felt the Lord had called me to that position, but at the same time I knew He had not called me to that particular offer.  It was incredibly scary, but once I realized that I needed to accept the possibility that the job might not be mine and to trust in the Lord over the outcome, I was able to confidently maintain the position my husband and I had decided upon.

Never have I been so nervous.  I had peace that the Lord would work through whatever would happen, but I wanted badly to be able to maintain my integrity and present my position in a professional manner as I negotiated different terms.  As always (with prayer of others and faith) the Lord came through and allowed the talk with my superior to go well and I was able to accept the position on acceptable terms for both parties.  I have now become responsible for an entire business...

Even as I write those words, I cannot fathom what they mean.  The responsibility of my new position is overwhelming.  Not overwhelming in a stressful way, but I can barely comprehend what it means.  I'm not sure I am capable of comprehending it all.  My life is about to change in a radical way.  Is it a good change for me and my family?  Will my career overwhelm my role as wife and mother?  To be honest, I can answer the second question easily.  My father may claim this is a 'theological' answer, but it is fact: 

If I remain focused on the Lord, He will equip me to be the woman He has called me to be in all areas, professionally and personally.  It isn't my job to figure out how.  It is my job to simply remain humble and seek Christ first above all things.  It is His job to equip me and lead me.  I pray that I will remain faithful to Him.

Matthew 25:21
"His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness."

Faithful with a few things by the grace of God.  By the grace of God, may I be faithful with many.

No comments:

Post a Comment