Friday, January 25, 2013

Growing

My second week in my new position was a definite week of blessings.  I learned lessons and the Lord helped me to let go of the little failures and focus on the growth of each day. 

Learning to be a leader and the big decision-maker is such a challenge.  I know there was a concern with my ability to be strong in this role and I understand it.  But to be responsible for a business, employees, and clients, I cannot be a leader if I cannot do the hard things along with the fun.  If a leader runs away from the hard parts, that leader fails the business, the employees and the clients.

For me, the difficulty isn't in making the difficult decisions, it is having to communicate that decision for the party that gets the bad news.  My heart is to deliver these messages in a godly, loving, and professional manner that is clear and concise.  I'm not always successful, definitely I will be learning through each circumstance that comes my way.  I am excited that I am learning and I can make mistakes and learn from them and use those lessons to have positive experiences in the next situation that comes along.

The other thing I am finding is that God has enabled me to have more of a blance between the role of leader at work and wife/mother at home.  They are two completely different arenas and it really helps me to have a bigger separation.  At home I am the support, the helper, not the decision-maker.  It is almost a relief to come home and not have the weight of that responsibility on my shoulders.  I am enjoying life more.  God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment