Friday, July 19, 2013

Update - life's challenges

Not sure where to start, but I feel like writing tonight.  I am still struggling with fatigue and beginning to wonder if it is more than just stress and perhaps related to my eating habits or if I could be anemic...I'll wait to see if it improves when the stress decreases.

We got a new child at work recently who has lived through some serious abuse.  I have spent more time and energy with this family than any other family in our program.  I even considered telling the family that we weren't able to meet the needs this child required...but something tugs at my heart and tells me that if we can go the extra mile and break through the walls and the hurt this child has, perhaps he might have a chance at a decent future.  I had to demand some strict boundaries and figure out how to keep one step ahead of the verbal expression that displays the severity of the hurt inside, but in the last week I have seen a huge improvement and I am very hopeful for the future!  Please help me continue to pray for this child, for protection spiritually and for continued growth.  Sometimes I feel as though I have bit off more than I can chew.

My hubby's job is changing with a title change and new boss.  He's really excited about it, but struggling with the fact that his duties are increasing faster than they are giving away his old duties.  He's also been going through a lot of back pain since the fourth of July where he spent the day traveling and sitting in a lawn chair.  It's frustrating for both of us, but he is slowly improving.  I've been stopping my own agenda more often to play with my children when they ask, it is hard, but so worth it! 

Life is just so full and I don't know the answers.  I feel like I'm just fumbling along hoping I have made good choices.  My job does get in the way of time with my kids, they don't like it and neither do I...it is one of the downfalls of working in the same place they go to school.  I can't always take breaks with them, even if I want to or planned to.  I've been still struggling spiritually to find my way.  The past two week's sermons were about being a leader and the different types of attacks that come along and ways to overcome.  They are so close to what I am living right now, that while I enjoy the sermons, they can also be a little discouraging too.

No comments:

Post a Comment