Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Transitions are a Challenge!

It's been less than a week since I decided to look for a new job.  Instead of giving my 30-day notice on Monday, I was let go and given three days to wrap up my job duties.  The positive is that they did give me severance pay stating that it was simply due to a difference in business philosophy between both parties.  I can live with that even though it hurt so much that day.

I've had two interviews, one job offer that I'm considering, and another interview tomorrow. The bummer deal is that I think our kiddos will have to go to public school for the first time in their lives.  All the charter schools I've contacted in our area have waiting lists or are no longer taking applications for the year.

Even though this is a very scary time for me, I was so comfortable and attached to my job that I probably wouldn't have left very easily without this turn of events.  God's removed any control I might have had in the situation and forced me to rely on Him again.  It's nice...in a very uncomfortable sort of way.  :0)

Another positive is that throughout this week when I've had so much discouragement, many people around me are supporting me.  The good relationships I have with others in my field are coming out of the woodwork and reminding me that I'm not a complete failure, and it is a good time for a change.

Thank you for your prayers, I need them!

No comments:

Post a Comment