Friday, July 31, 2015

Employed Again!

It's been a nerve-wracking week.  I turned down the first position I was offered.  It was farther from home than I wanted to work, but the money and hours would have been enough. 

The second job offer I also turned down in order to wait for answers on my last and final interview.  It was close to home and offered the highest wage, but for some reason it just didn't feel right.  It was very scary to turn down all job offers without having another offer on the table, but both my husband and I felt it was what God wanted us to do.  So we stepped out in faith, waiting to see what God would do.

I interviewed twice in 4 days.  They offered me a position other than what I interviewed for at a rate that was just too low.  I countered back asking them to consider the rate my hubby and I felt was needed for our family, and after an agonizing day of waiting for an answer, they met my asking rate! 

The job I have accepted, just this morning, is a little closer to home than my last position.  What is so awesome, is that the hours are perfect!  I will be able to pick my children up from school and we'll avoid most childcare costs since my husband is changing his work hours to be able to drop them off at school.  They won't have to change schools this year either.  Such a blessing!

I don't know when I start yet, I haven't signed a contract yet.  Praise the Lord, He has led me through and provided for me and my family! 

My new position is an Infant Nursery Supervisor - I will lead two classrooms of infants, working closely with the other teachers and the parents of the babies.  It isn't a role I thought I would be in, but I'm very excited about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment