Saturday, November 24, 2018

Holidays are Here!

Life has been a whirlwind of chaos.  We've had house showings at all times of day, sometimes with very little notice.  When selling your house, an unexpected cost is all the dining out you end up doing because showings are often during the dinner hours and make it difficult to cook anything and still have time to eat it, while not making a mess or smells that a buyer might not appreciate...but in the next few hours, we are signing our a contract with a new set of buyers, and the showings will be done!  Hurray!

The new buyers are a couple from Louisiana who lost their home in 2016's flooding.  They have a little girl and boy -and fell in love with the custom paint jobs we did in the kids' rooms!  I think that is pretty cool, that my artwork will survive and be appreciated for a few more years.  Not that it was something I really cared about, but it is a neat development.

We will be closing on our current home with them just before Christmas weekend, and closing on our new house sometime that same week right before Christmas.  It's going to be nuts, but I'm excited to finally be moving forward!

In more sad news, we had to put down our doggy last Monday.  She was 6 years old and had always struggled with health issues.  We had recently switched veterinarians when she got sick because our former vet office was temporarily without a doctor for whatever reason.  I am very thankful for the time we had with our new vet.  Every single staff member was kind, patient, and listened well.  They never judged and always gave an estimate of costs for all options, something I really appreciated.

My oldest daughter came with me when we put her down.  It was heartbreaking, but really made the grieving process easier for her.  She sobbed and held her doggy for several minutes after she had passed, and the vet's office was gentle with her and helped her to say goodbye in a way that didn't make her feel rushed or undervalued.  Her grief was understood and carefully handled.  As a mom, I couldn't have asked for better service.  When we returned to pick up her ashes later, they gave us a beautiful card with lots of handwritten, kind-hearted words.  Best vet ever.

On the baby front, we're at 10 weeks along today.  I have minimal morning sickness symptoms, mostly I just feel yucky when I need to eat something...no nasty gag reflex so far...praise the Lord!  In fact, the worst symptom I have is feeling tired all the time.  I take naps a lot or go to bed early.  Next weekend, I plan on shopping thrift stores to find my first maternity clothes!  I'm just starting to have trouble fitting into my next size-up pants.

I think I'm just starting to get past the denial stage of this surprise pregnancy.  I half expected the doctor to tell me there was no pregnancy at my last visit.  It's just been such a shock to adjust to.  Even baby names, I look at them, but none of them feel real yet.  I'm just not fully comprehending everything that's happening internally.  It will come in time.  We talk about the baby, I feel the symptoms of its presence, so I'm sure my brain will catch up eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment