Monday, December 24, 2018

Is it Christmas? Already?

This Christmas season has been unlike any other.  I'll never suggest moving the weekend before Christmas to anyone ever...especially pregnant and with three kiddos!

It just doesn't feel like Christmas yet, although I love the decorations that our kids put up.  They got the privilege of decorating because I knew I'd never get to it with all the chaos of moving two days before Christmas.

God has been gracious to us and we are very thankful to finally be moved and done with the whole process of selling and buying homes.  God-willing we won't have to do this again until we are nearing retirement...please, Lord!

I think I've aged ten years in one.  Both my hubby and I have gone to bed early the past several nights, it has just been an exhausting experience.  Just getting here has been an extreme effort, and now that we're in our new home, the task of unpacking and organizing a whole house that is nothing like the old one seems too much.  One box at a time...one day at a time.

I cooked supper for the first time in our new house tonight.  It was an interesting experience.  I had to unpack a box to find my whisk...all the other utensils were put away except those!  Then I was making a pancake mix and realized that I neglected to put eggs on my grocery list.  Thankfully we still had some gelatin powder left over with our pantry items and I could make some gelatin eggs to substitute.  They were flat pancakes, but still tasted good.

The good news is that Christmas doesn't have to feel like Christmas to be here.  The precious truth of God sending His Son to the world as a humble baby still remains.  My fatigue doesn't change the beauty of His love for us, and that is something to be celebrated and remembered.  Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment