Saturday, January 5, 2019

Discombobulated...

Not sure if that is even a word, but I feel very much like that!  I would guess about 40-50% of our stuff is unpacked.  Most of what is unpacked has a home, but a good amount still doesn't have a home.  Part of the problem is that our basement doesn't have a way to anchor shelves to the walls yet, so we can't use all of our shelves until we at least get some framing up.

I love cooking in my new kitchen, but I have to say I don't like having granite counter tops.  It soaks up oils and gets discolored, so it is hard to food prep and keep clean at the same time.  I would have preferred plain old laminate or Formica counters instead, but granite is what the house came with.

Shopping is an experience to say the least.  It is interesting to browse through new stores and see what each has to offer, but it is hard not knowing if or where to find the items I need.  I've learned that the town closest to us does not have the one/two-stop-shopping that I prefer.  One Walmart has my gluten free bread and the other has my butter, but neither has both.  The best Walmart that has all my stuff and is fairly close to us is very busy and enormous.  I actually like it a lot, but I need to find the opportune time to do my shopping to avoid the crowds.

On the plus side, we are adjusting to our new space.  Little Man is finally comfortable enough to start sitting on the potty again.  I'm hoping to start more serious potty training with him in the next few weeks!  If we can get him out of diapers before the baby comes I'll be one happy momma!


No comments:

Post a Comment