Wednesday, June 30, 2021

I cried today.

 A fellow homeschooling, Jesus-loving, mama lost her two-year-old son this week.  It was sudden, unexpected, and heart-breaking.  I can't begin to imagine the heartache and pain she and her family are feeling.  Even more, is the humility and hope she shares in her posts about what happened.

She remains positively minded in her writing, firmly placing her faith in God despite the painful circumstances she is in.  She encourages me and inspires me to seek that perspective in my own faith.  Her very first communication after announcing her son's death, invited others to salvation in Christ.  What a powerful witness for the Lord her words are.

My daughter and I had a good conversation today.  I shared the sadness I was feeling and she shared a struggle she was dealing with and how God answered her prayer with a scripture verse earlier that day.  Later, she had a short conversation about hearing from God with our nutritionist, a topic she's been searching for understanding with lately.  It's so amazing the many little things that God uses to touch our hearts and teach us about Himself and who we are in Him.

It also reminds me how important prayer is.  I don't know this fellow mama, other than the unusual commonalities in our lives.  But I know I can pray for her and that is a tangible way I can be the body of Christ to her.   Her mother in law was my 8th grade English teacher.  She has four kids with a big gap between the oldest two and youngest two, also due to a cancer battle like ours.  And, she loves the Lord with all her heart.  So, I have been praying for her, her living children, and her hubby...for their journey in grief, for their spiritual protection, for their marriage and family relationships.  It's a hard road ahead.

What is a little weird is a de ja vu moment I had.  I have always remembered my 8th grade English teacher with fondness, but have never quite remembered her name.  A few months ago, or so, I remember imagining asking a friend from middle school if that was our teacher's name.  I thought about it a couple different times thinking how weird it would be to have that conversation because we don't talk much anymore.  Today I asked her that question after recognizing the last name of the family I am praying for.

I know God can speak in visions and dreams.  These types of moments aren't hugely common for me, but happen often enough that I have learned to pay attention to them.  Now I have also come to the conclusion to start praying about them and for the people they may relate to.

No comments:

Post a Comment