Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Giving ought to be Fun!

It's the time of year for making Christmas wish lists again, and while mine looks super boring and practical to some... I am excited for it.  They are all items that will help make my life easier or my home more enjoyable to me.  

Last year, my hubby insisted I put something on my list that was just for me, for "fun".  I came up with a bath pillow because I like hot soaks.  Baths are often my only alone time in a day, and that is only if my little guy doesn't escape his sisters and beg to play in the water.  At least he has learned to shut the door behind him. lol!  I wasn't surprised at all to receive that pillow, and I use it on occasion.

That's the trick to Christmas wish lists.  To make sure you have enough variety of items that are in the price range of those who want to gift something, and to have something that they will feel good buying for you.  It seems a little silly, but who doesn't want to enjoy giving when they give?

I know that I do!  My nieces have reached the age where cash is the best gift.  But I hate just giving a boring card and the expected cash.  I try to always have something fun to add with it.  One year was fuzzy socks.  Another year, I hid individual bills in balloons in a huge box.  Then I gave them little tin boxes with "million dollar" candy bars and taped the cash on the back of the candy bars.  Just to bring them a smile and for me to have fun too.   Something fun, something unexpected.  Birthdays and holidays should be fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment