Friday, May 27, 2011

Alone with God

I have never been able to perfect making time to be alone with God since my children were born.  It is a constant struggle and I have learned a lot on the way and still have more to learn.  I've learned a lot of what doesn't work.  :)

Right now I have been trying to read a chapter of Proverbs each night for the month, and in the mornings I read through a couple Psalms.  The morning time is such a struggle for me.  I've really felt like God has been asking me to set aside my time and make him more important than a few more minutes of sleep.  Jesus did it.  I can do it.  Mark 1:35 "Now in the morning, having risen a long while before daylight, He went out and departed to a solitary place; and there He prayed." NKJV  Many times the bible talks about Jesus seeking solitude to be with God. 

I set my alarm and I sit up in bed and read my Psalms...all the while my eyes are drooping and blinking and I struggle to pay attention to the words in front of me.  Then I can't close my eyes to pray or I will fall asleep again...Satan sure doesn't want me awake for this!  I think I will have to physically get out of bed and go somewhere else to read and pray in the quiet mornings.  I've been praying for God to guide me and I know that if I make the effort he will teach me and help me do better.

What are your favorite ways to have alone time with God?

No comments:

Post a Comment