Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Test Results and Faith Growth

I am learning and growing continuously in my faith.  The kids and I have made it to church a second week in a row and they are enjoying it and so am I!  Hopefully next week, my hubby will be able to join us.  He returned to work this week.  It is challenging for him and it is such a stressful environment.  Thankfully, he has a very understanding boss and co-workers.  We got the results of his blood work from his post-op check up.  Two tests returned normal and one test returned with elevated levels...but it could just be due to the fact that he is still healing from surgery.  The test checks for levels of cell damage, not necessarily cancer.  So we'll check it again in two weeks and the doctor expects levels to go down.  If not, we'll probably be in for another CT scan and more testing to see if cancer may have returned.  I'm not planning or thinking of that possibility much.  It is a road I will take when we get there, if we get there.

This week's sermon was on the importance of an individual alone time with God.  We read from Acts 20:13 and verses in context.  Our pastor emphasized the importance of living your faith and that people should be able to see from the life you live that you have a close walk with the Lord.  I enjoyed the reminder and the confirmation that faith in reality is important.  The whole purpose of this blog.  He also emphasized the importance of leaders being servants and not getting big-headed or proud, but serving in humility.   That is another thing I am learning through this process.  My prideful thoughts are decreasing and I feel like I am more meek and mild in my thinking than I used to be. 

I'm reading a chapter of my bible at night now and also in the morning.  I pray at both times and throughout the day.  It isn't very organized, and doesn't always take very long, but my perspective on life is changing.  I feel a change in my attitudes about things and in my choices that I make.  My awareness of the things of God has expanded and I don't feel like I pray once and then forget about God until I need him.  I feel his presence more than ever.

1 comment:

  1. The new test results all came back normal! Now we wait for the scheduled full CT scan in June. God willing, the cancer is gone for good!

    ReplyDelete