Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Moved

Just finished watching "Letters To God" a movie about a little boy who had cancer and the way his letters to God touched the lives of everyone around him.  I didn't realize it when I decided to watch it that it would hit so close to home emotionally.  Yup.  I cried at the littlest things in that movie.  I can so totally relate to the emotions and the problems those people were dealing with.

I thank God that my husband appears to have overcome his cancer.  It is still early to be saying things like that seeing how he is still recovering from major surgery and we haven't even had our first CT scan since, but the blood work is normal and there is a sense of God's peace in the thought of my husband being cancer-free. 

Unlike many cancer stories, ours does not include chemo radiation, only surgeries.  It almost makes it sound like we were blessed...well, we were.  It could have been much worse.  I know that I have grown more confident in my faith through cancer.  Life is not about the things you accomplish or the paycheck you bring home.  It isn't about the approval of your peers.  Life is about the little things.  The attitudes and reactions you choose in the everyday life experiences.  When you trust in God and look to him for understanding and comfort, life is amazing.  Even in the midst of the hardest times.

No comments:

Post a Comment