Thursday, July 14, 2011

What Tomorrow May Bring

Moments of joy, moments of great sorrow.  I know we can expect them both.  Matthew 24 is a chapter in the Bible where Jesus speaks of what we can expect to happen in the "last days".

v.4-5 Then Jesus replied to them (disciples): "Watch out that no one deceives you.  For many will come in My name, saying, 'I am the Messiah,' and they will deceive many.

v.6-8 You are going to hear of wars and rumors of wars.  See that you are not alarmed, because these things must take place, but the end is not yet.  For nation will rise up against nation, and kingdom against kingdom.  There will be famines and earthquakes in various places.  All these events are the beginning of birth pains.

Read about world events in our recent history and they are full of natural disasters, earthquakes, wars and rumors of wars -especially in the Middle East right now.  These are but the beginnings of birth pains....and what do birth pains do?  They increase in frequency and in magnitude.  We are seeing this prophecy coming to pass.  I am not troubled by this, but by what I must endure next:

v.9 Then they will hand you over for persecution, and they will kill you.  You will be hated by all nations because of My name.

And yet, what troubles me is not concern for myself or persecution I might endure, but the sorrow of living through persecution and sorrow my family; my husband and children might endure.  Some believe that the Rapture will happen between the events of verse 8 and the events of verse 9.  The Bible truly doesn't say precisely either way.  The persecution of Christians is already happening in other places around the world.  In the United States I see society headed soundly down that path.

While I may endure great sorrow or watch my loved ones do the same, my heart's prayer is for the salvation of my loved ones.  Not just my children, but for those I love who have not chosen to follow Jesus Christ as their Savior.  Our destinies all will meet at the same place.  The feet of God Almighty.  Is your name written in the book of Life or will He look into your eyes and say, "I knew you not."?

Salvation:

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
John 3:16  For God so loved the world that He gave His only, begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Salvation is free.  A gift.  All we must do is accept it, believe in Him, and confess with our mouths.
1 John 1:9  If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment