Friday, July 8, 2011

A Christian Woman

The tumor markers all came back as normal!  Praise the Lord, he is good.  :)

I used my birthday money this year to purchase two books that I think will help me gain insight in the two biggest areas I need spiritual help with.  Surprisingly enough, both books are by the same author, Julianna Slattery.  The first is called Finding the Hero In Your Husband, and the second is Guilt Free Motherhood

I ordered the first one because I know there is more to marriage than where I am now (not that mine is struggling, although we've had our ups and downs) and the second because I beat myself up mentally over my failures as a mother.  I'm not a bad wife, I'm not a bad mom...however, I'm not a perfect woman and I know full well that I have so much more to become as a faith-filled woman.

The first chapter of the "Husband" book has been enlightening.  I noted many small tidbits of helpful information. The thing that God pointed out to me was a little surprising and makes me feel a little foolish to admit it, but it was a light bulb that I needed to have turned on:  Guess what?  Marriage takes TWO (well, actually three including God) but I had overlooked my own role in my marriage!  I ordered the book so I could learn about how to support my husband as a wife ought.  The study guide's last question for Chapter 1 was to write a letter to God about your marriage.  I should note that typically my prayers for my marriage involve my husband and God working in his life, or using me to help...not that God would work in MY life and change ME to do better!  Here God is revealing my pride again and putting me back in my place.  The revelation gave me a new perspective and I'm into the second chapter ready for more lessons learned!

No comments:

Post a Comment