Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Rollar Coaster Update

Well, I did have a week of struggle spiritually after the high of the in-service, but it wasn't the steep downhill fall that I've gone through before.  Keeping my quiet time with God helped keep me on the right track and my thoughts in proper perspective.  I feel like God is asking for more time with me and I've been avoiding more than the few minutes I give him already...is that sad or what?  Why do we do that?  I know I'm not the only one...just read the old testament!  How many times did Israel turn away from God and resist him onl to later go back to him to be forgiven?   That encourages me to keep trying and not to get stuck in my failures and mistakes.  I can do this and I will.  He will enable me to do it!

On a side note, today we had our follow up visit after the CT scan.  All looks good and we're technically considered in 'remission'.  We did do some more blood work today for tumor markers and other surgery related health issues, but the doctor didn't see anything worrisome.  Next set of testing is in 3 months.  The doctor wasn't overly positive or negative.  Just proactive in ensuring nothing was missed...a bit of an eye-opener for me.  It made me more fully aware of the on-going journey with cancer.  Even though it is currently not visible, it could return...not that I'm afraid of cancer coming back, but a realization that I don't have the luxury of forgetting about it.  It is part of our lives and will be for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment