Monday, August 12, 2013

Another Spiritual Test coming up!

This Friday is yet another full-day meeting at work.  The last one of the year until next spring.  I don't feel nearly as stressed in preparation for it since I have been preparing pretty much the last several weeks already, but there is still much to do.  You can pray that not only does it go as God leads, but that I don't get stuck under oppression afterwards.

My workplace is about to undergo a very big change in how things are done.  It's a relief to me that I am not the one causing the change, although I will be the one to usher it in.  Our state regulations are changing and getting more strict.  It will help our program quality increase, but will also force the staff to have to be more accountable and that might be uncomfortable for them.

My stress level is decreasing at the moment.  Some of the changes that I had requested permission for from my superiors were granted and that helps to relieve the workload that was sitting on my shoulders!  This first year in this job is just one huge adjustment after another in working to create a smooth-flowing administration and a better experience for both our staff and clients.  I am doing a better job of turning off my phone/text/emails at night to focus on being present at home, and not taking work with me when I do take breaks at work.  It has also helped that my administration team has been able to start sharing more of the work load.  I rearranged the tasks and did my best to assign them to each person's strengths and divide the ones that have a higher difficulty level to be shared tasks.  So far it seems to have eased everyone's stress levels and we are all busy accomplishing different tasks!

No comments:

Post a Comment