Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Vacation!

The last several days have been a short vacation for my family and I!  There just happened to be a gap of 3 days where there was no summer camp and school didn't start yet so we all took the time off to just be a family.  It was a real blessing!

We spent a lot of time together just being at home and made a few special trips out to see the sights of our city.  Our family went bowling for the first time, played mini-golf for the first time, and made a visit to the local Dinosaur Exhibit.  My kids and I also went on some nice evening walks to the park.  Spending time together is the best.

I was also able to get quite a bit done around the house since putz-ing is my version of relaxing.  I don't do "nothing" very well.  I have to be doing something, even if that means sorting through clutter or rearranging a room.  Half of my bedroom is clear and vacuumed, the living room is clean and vacuumed, and I rearranged our multipurpose room.

I finally got onto Pinterest after hearing people rave about it for the past several months.  I don't really see why it is such a big draw to be honest.  Yes, it has lots of neat things on it, but I'm too practical to waste my time dreaming.  I "pin" recipes I want to try, ideas for improving the home that I may use in the future, ideas of activities and projects to do with the kids, and then organizing ideas that I have actually put into use and accomplished.  The only catch is, there is a small cost involved with most of the organization ideas to purchase the supplies to get them done.  Nothing that I don't mind spending money on and nothing is very expensive, but it can frustrate me to have to wait to implement a good idea.  I don't like waiting when I have the time to do something, but can't become a spending freak to accomplish my goals.  So I wait.  Sometimes I also have to get my hubby's permission (or his help) and what I love may or may not be what he loves...most of the time he doesn't care either way as long as my changes don't effect his routine.  :)

My work full-day meeting went well.  There were those that moaned and groaned about the new changes, but they all understood the purpose behind it.  God was there and the presentation my co-worker did on Exchange Life Ministries was pretty good.  I think it helped make what it means to be a Christian more understandable.

No comments:

Post a Comment