Saturday, August 24, 2013

Topsy-Turvy Again

Got the shocker of my life on my first day back to work.  One of my teammates in the office turned in her resignation.  I'm going to miss her greatly and it is going to be a big adjustment in the roles the other two of us in the office play.  For everything there is a season and our season of working together is done.

Her departure is demanding a restructure in how our administration is run.  Both myself and my remaining teammate are increasing our workloads to compensate.  Part of me is excited for the challenge.  Another part of me is starting to feel overwhelmed. And part of me is concerned about our ability to keep up. And then the last part is the sadness and disappointment in the situation itself.  I can't expect someone to be something they are not and obviously God is making some changes in His business.

This past year of being the boss and managing a million-dollar business has been such a rollercoaster.  I wonder if things will ever reach a steadier pace.  I questioned what I could have done better or different that would have helped the situation, but there isn't much and even the things I have thought of probably would not have made the difference.  Her history at our place of work has unfortunately been entwined with drama and gossip from the staff.  Perhaps this will calm some of that down.  We've never been known to be gossipers and naysayers, but especially this last year things have been down a rough road.

I'm told that a change in leadership always brings about testing from the employees and atypical behavior as everyone learns what the change means for them.  I've definitely seen it.  I'm doing my best and for the most part I am at peace with my choices.  I haven't done anything perfectly and there are areas I am working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment