Saturday, August 3, 2013

On the Up and Up

Tonight's worship in church was just the intimacy with God that I needed.  It was really refreshing and tonight is probably the first night in a few weeks where there hasn't been some form of depression lingering over me.  I like what our Pastor preaches: worship isn't a time where you come to hear the music and let the worship team bring God to you; it is a time for you to come humbly before the Lord seeking Him!

My doctor's appointment went well.  I tried a new doctor and I really like her a lot; very easy to talk to.  They took some blood work and it turns out that I am physically fine, just overly stressed.  It is very strange to think that because many times when I am feeling tired or my body feels nearly asleep (apparently symptoms of stress), I am not feeling stressed.  But with the oppression/depression I've been struggling with and knowing the cause of how I feel, I am beginning to recognize it for what it is.

This last week was probably the worst.  I have a stressful job.  I'm a mom of young children.  I'm new in my job position too.  A good recipe for struggle.  I have to learn how to take care of me.  I was telling my husband that I never dreamed I would be the person who needed to seek medical attention for something like stress -after all, I handle stress pretty good, I'm a very strong person...why can't I handle it all?  Then my husband gives me a spiritual slap up-side the head and says, "If you could handle it all, you wouldn't need to rely on God."  Ouch.  Needed to hear that one.

I also found a sentence in James 4:1 "...but endurance must do its complete work so that you may be mature and complete, lacking nothing..."

That hit home for me.  Endurance must do its complete work...apparently I'm not done yet.  So, deeper into the Word and taking more time outs for myself are in the very near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment