Friday, April 25, 2014

"Keep my eyes above the waves"

Here I am another two weeks later.  Still going through challenges and dealing with frustration, joy in triumphs, anger and some satisfying successes also.  The roller-coaster continues and I pray that this is the hills and valleys decreasing for a while.

I have finally chosen the person who will be my second-in-command at work and I'm thrilled to see the light grow brighter at the end of this tunnel!  The only problem is that it is taking longer than I had hoped to replace her as a teacher so she can join me in the office.  Finding new hires lately that meet the state qualifications and the Christian qualifications of our program has proven quite challenging.  Please help me pray for God to bring us just the right people.

Another piece of good news is that my shift at work is back to a consistent schedule (the past four months I have been working alternating opening and closing shifts).  It is so nice and it's really helping life at home be smoother!

My husband's health struggles have been creating more challenges, but I think we are finding some solutions.  Since chemo, his hands and feet have always swollen up whenever he does any physical labor (mowing the lawn, working on his motorcycle, cleaning the house for periods of time, etc.).  A few weekends ago he had some swelling, but not more than normal until he and I worked on grooming our puppy's goldendoodle fur.  When we finished his hands swelled so much that they hurt and a slight tough on his finger caused a large bruise from middle knuckle to the joint at the hand.  The swelling didn't go down for days.  The bruise took even longer to heal.  Even when the swelling did go down, it easily returned.

Finally we found some "arthritis gloves" at a local pharmacy.  Something I've searched for many times, even to the point of asking the pharmacists who have acted as if I was talking about something unusual.  Praise the Lord we found them! My hubby's been wearing them and just a couple days ago he took them off and his hands were normal -it made me realize how long his hands have been swollen.  I almost didn't recognize his hands they were so thin and normal looking!  I had gotten used to him having thicker hands and fingers that I didn't realize it was swelling.

Mid-summer he goes back in for a check up.  We plan on talking to his doctor about it then too.  Maybe they will have some other suggestions to help in addition to the gloves.

My brain capacity is shrinking and the words are disappearing from my thoughts so I will bid you good night until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment